Pancakes made with kefir turn out very tender and tasty. In our recipe you can use both fresh and sour kefir. If you have some expired kefir left and you don’t know what to do with it, then know that sour kefir is perfect for baking. Pancakes, pancakes, pies - this is what you can prepare using expired kefir. But of course it is important that the kefir is not completely spoiled. Smell it and look at the date; if it’s no more than a week old and the smell doesn’t cause disgust, it means you shouldn’t drink it, but you can make something tasty out of it.
I offer you a very good and successful recipe for thin pancakes with sour kefir. We will prepare them using boiling water and a small amount of soda, they will turn out very thin, the dough will be elastic. These pancakes can be served with sour cream, honey, chocolate, condensed milk, jam or other delicacies. These pancakes are also suitable for wrapping different fillings. The filling for such pancakes can be not only sweet. For the filling, curd mass, minced meat, and many other options are suitable. Save the recipe for yourself and cook for your loved ones!
How to cook thin pancakes with expired kefir
To prepare thin pancakes with kefir, we need a deep bowl. Beat the egg into a bowl, add salt and sugar. Beat the egg and sugar with a mixer until smooth. Beat for two to three minutes.
Add expired kefir to the whipped mass and mix. I take kefir 2.5% fat, you can take the one you have in the refrigerator.
Then add flour and mix back. If desired, the flour can be sifted.
Add soda to boiling water and stir. After this, pour boiling water into the dough and mix back. You can mix with a mixer or a regular whisk, it is important to achieve a uniform consistency.
Add vegetable oil to the dough and mix well. Instead of sunflower oil, you can add olive oil.
The dough turns out like liquid sour cream. There should be no lumps in the dough. If there are lumps, break them up with a whisk. It is better to set the dough aside for 15-20 minutes, then the stickiness will increase and the dough will become more manageable when baking pancakes.
Fry pancakes in a heated frying pan, without vegetable oil. The pan should be a pancake pan or have a non-stick coating so that the pancakes do not tear and are easily turned over.
Fry the pancakes over medium heat on both sides until cooked. Serve aromatic and delicious pancakes to the table!
You can prepare pancakes this way:
- Initially, beat a couple of eggs in a specially prepared container. It is recommended to do this using a whisk.
- Then gradually add sugar to this mixture, continuing to beat it.
- Now you need to add boiling water to this solution. This should be done gradually, continuing to beat the mixture in a thin stream.
- In another container, add baking soda to the poured kefir.
- Now we begin to gradually add flour to the first mixture. We also add prepared sour kefir and soda.
- Beat until it becomes a liquid dough.
- After this, you can add oil to taste.
- Treat the frying pan prepared in advance with vegetable oil and heat over low heat.
- Add heat and bake pancakes. We must remember that the dough must be poured very thinly.
- Turn them over during cooking.
Coat the prepared pancakes with butter.
Lacy pancakes with sour kefir
To prepare these pancakes you need to take the following ingredients:
- One glass of sour kefir.
- Regular milk - one glass.
- Sunflower oil - two or three tablespoons.
- Three quarters of a regular glass of wheat flour.
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder.
- Sugar - four tablespoons.
Prepare the dish this way:
- In a special container, mix together granulated sugar and egg.
- We stir the mixture until it becomes a homogeneous mass.
- After this, add pre-prepared sour kefir to it.
- We further stir the mixture, using a whisk, gradually adding flour and prepared baking powder.
- Now you need to pour milk into this mixture.
- After this, using a culinary whisk, mix the contents of the container.
- Add butter to the resulting dough.
- After this, the dough should be left to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the frying pan by greasing it with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Fry the pancakes in such a way that a lacy structure is obtained.
- Gradually turn them over in the pan.
Pancakes made from sour kefir
Pancakes made from sour kefir
Good day, dear housewives! Today I’m in the mood, I want to cook something interesting, tasty and healthy with you. And I decided, let's enjoy such a dish as pancakes. Everyone's favorite pancakes! We prepare them from different products and with a variety of fillings.
Sausages in pancakes or omelette hot dog
I thought and decided: “Shouldn’t we make some tender pancakes with kefir.” There is no doubt about the benefits of this product.
Kefir is a refreshing and even slightly stimulating drink. It quenches thirst and is equally useful for children and adults. It is a source of calcium and potassium, it improves vision and has a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin and hair. The most important property of kefir for lovely women is its ability to be quickly and easily absorbed by the body and not be deposited in unnecessary places.
We go on kefir diets, drink it all day long, and feel just great. It affects the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and prevents the development of infections. It not only helps in weight loss, but also gives lightness to the body.
Let's sing an ode to this product.
Fluffy pancakes with sour kefir
Pancakes should be prepared using the following ingredients:
- A couple of chicken eggs.
- A tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- A teaspoon of table salt.
- Three glasses of sour kefir.
- A couple of glasses of premium wheat flour.
- Two teaspoons of sunflower oil.
We prepare pancakes in the following sequence:
- In a special bowl, mix the egg yolks with sugar and table salt.
- Next, add a couple of glasses of sour kefir to this mixture.
- We stir the mixture using a whisk.
- Gradually add wheat flour there.
- We knead the dough so that there are no lumps.
- Now you can add a little more sour kefir to the resulting dough.
- Separately, beat the whites.
- Add the whites whipped until foamy to the dough.
- We stir the mixture again.
- Prepare a frying pan for baking pancakes by adding vegetable oil.
- Pour a thin layer of dough into it and bake pancakes.
- Turn them over during baking.
- As soon as they turn golden brown, place them on the prepared plate.
Knead the dough according to the following scheme:
- In a container, whisk sugar, salt and half a liter of sour kefir.
- Beat the eggs separately and add them to the kefir mixture.
- Mix flour with soda and sift.
- Add flour gradually, whisking the dough each time. Your task is to prevent the formation of lumps.
- Pour in vegetable oil. When you have formed a mass similar to liquid sour cream, the kneading process can be considered complete. If necessary, thin the dough with water.
Thin pancakes are baked in a heated frying pan. Don't forget to grease it with oil to prevent the pancakes from sticking to the bottom.
Fold the finished pancakes into a triangle, place on serving plates and pour over liquid aromatic honey.
Early ripening pancakes with kefir or sour milk
Such pancakes made with sour kefir have been known for a very long time. Previously, they were prepared on major holidays as one of the main table decorations. Now they can be prepared at any convenient time, both with sour kefir and dry yeast.
The following ingredients are needed:
- Five eggs.
- One hundred grams of butter 72 percent fat.
- A couple of tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- A pinch of table salt.
- A couple of glasses of wheat flour.
- Two glasses of sour kefir.
- A small amount of sunflower oil for greasing the pan.
- We separate the egg yolks from the whites and place them in a pre-prepared container.
- Add sugar and table salt to the same bowl.
- We whisk the mixture.
- After this, melt the butter in a water bath. It is important here that the oil does not start to boil. Therefore, it will be better when we don’t heat it a little.
- In a container, beat the yolks using a whisk and add the melted butter. We carry out this process slowly.
- Now pour the flour there too. At the same time, we do not stop and continue to beat the mixture.
- After obtaining a homogeneous mass, add a glass of sour kefir.
- Stir the mixture and add a glass of kefir again.
- Now you can gradually add 220 grams of flour and move.
- In a separate container, beat the whites until foamy.
- Add the resulting foam to the main dough. We do this in a circular motion. This way the dough will be thicker.
- Heat a frying pan over low heat and add a little vegetable oil.
- Pour a thin layer of batter and fry the pancakes.
- Bake pancakes from the resulting dough over low heat for four minutes.
- Now we turn them over and repeat the process.
- Place the pancakes on a plate. However, they do not need to be lubricated with oil.
Pancakes made from sour kefir
In this recipe we will talk about making fluffy and delicious pancakes from sour kefir.
If kefir goes sour, there is no need to throw it away, since you can make excellent pancakes with it. These pancakes made from sour kefir turn out to be very fluffy and appetizing, tender and soft.
Kefir should be sour, but not spoiled. A rancid smell indicates spoilage.
Recipe for pancakes made from sour kefir
500 ml sour kefir
1.5-2 cups flour
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder for dough
How to cook fluffy pancakes with sour kefir:
Pour kefir into a large bowl, gradually adding sifted flour, beat with a mixer at low speed (you can use a whisk), the consistency of the dough should be like sour cream with a fat content of 10-15%.
Beat the eggs into the dough, continuing to beat, add sugar, without stopping beating, add salt, baking powder, and mix.
Pour vegetable oil into the dough, beat again.
Grease the frying pan with oil, pour the batter into a ladle and fry the pancakes in the usual way on both sides.
You can also use fermented baked milk or natural yogurt to make pancakes according to this recipe.
Have you ever made pancakes from sour kefir, friends? Share your recipe for these pancakes in the comments.
Video recipe for pancakes made from sour kefir
Custard pancakes with kefir
These pancakes are very tasty. They use a topping in the form of cheese. This allows you to improve the taste of the dish.
We start preparing pancakes by preparing the following components:
- Sour kefir - one glass.
- Purified water - a glass.
- Egg - a couple of pieces.
- Sunflower oil - a couple of tablespoons.
- Half a teaspoon of salt.
- Two tablespoons of sugar.
- Baking powder - half a spoon.
- Hard cheese - based on taste preferences.
We prepare the dish as follows:
- Pour the required amount of flour into the prepared bowl.
- Add salt, baking powder and granulated sugar.
- Mix the entire contents of the bowl.
- Add a couple of eggs to the finished mixture and mix using a whisk.
- Pour one glass of sour kefir there.
- Mix the contents until smooth. It is important that there are no lumps left.
- Pour a glass of hot water into the prepared dough.
- Beat it all and add sunflower oil there.
- Prepare a frying pan over low heat and then add a little vegetable oil.
- Fry the pancakes on each side.
During the last frying, sprinkle them with pre-chopped cheese.
Rules for kneading dough with sour kefir
Fermented kefir is a product from which you can bake thin lacy pancakes. The main thing is to make the pancake dough correctly, and you are guaranteed an excellent result in the form of a tasty, hearty dish.
- In peroxided kefir, an active process of gas formation occurs, due to which the pancakes turn out lacy, with many holes appearing in them.
- Sour kefir makes the dough more liquid, and the pancakes come out thinner.
- Even if it seems to you that the dough is ready to use and its consistency is considered normal, pour in a little water. This will make the pancakes even thinner and more transparent.
- For additional fermentation of the dough, you will need soda. It reacts with the acid that is in kefir and releases many bubbles of carbon dioxide. Thanks to soda, the pancakes stick into the hole.
When the kefir dough is ready, start baking pancakes. To do this, you will need a Teflon-coated frying pan or a regular one with thick walls.
Make sure that the baked goods do not stick to the bottom, so grease the pan with vegetable oil. Pour in the pancake batter only when the pan is hot enough.
Pancakes with milk
To prepare pancakes with sour milk, we will need:
- Wheat flour - 1 cup;
- Chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- Vegetable oil - 100 grams;
- Butter – 30 grams;
- Spoiled milk.
Break the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Add the yolks to the flour and pour in the pre-melted butter. If you like sweet pancakes, you can add a little sugar to the dough - about half a tablespoon and be sure to add a little salt.
Grind the flour with butter and yolks well, then dilute it with sour milk. Milk must be added gradually, a little at a time, and so that the dough does not form lumps, it is necessary to constantly grind it. The finished pancake dough has the consistency of thick sour cream. The egg whites must be whipped into a thick foam and very carefully introduced into the dough, while slowly stirring it with a spoon, directing the movements from top to bottom.
Pancakes should be baked in a hot frying pan, well greased, until they have a characteristic golden hue. Many young housewives, out of habit, cannot determine when to turn a pancake. This should be done only after bubbles appear and burst on the surface of the pancake, and the dough “solidifies” - it ceases to be liquid.
Serve ready-made pancakes with sour milk to the table with sour cream or jam; hot tea will not be superfluous.
My video recipe
Is the kefir in your refrigerator sour? Don't rush to throw it in the trash. After all, from sour dairy products you can make the freshest pancakes that melt in your mouth. They turn out so tender, airy and delicious that you simply won’t be able to stop until you eat them all! If you wish, you can prepare the filling for the pancakes. They go well with both salty and sweet fillings. If you don’t have anything to make the filling from, that’s okay too!
It will be very tasty if you grease hot pancakes on sour kefir with butter and sprinkle with sugar. This dessert is the perfect addition to morning or evening tea. If you decide to make sweet pastries, then increase the amount of sugar needed for the dough several times.
- Wheat flour – 1 tbsp;
- Sour kefir of any fat content – 400 ml;
- Granulated sugar – 1 tbsp;
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.;
- Soda – 0.5 tsp;
- Salt - a pinch;
- Vegetable oil – 30 ml.
A universal dish that is suitable for sweet or meat filling.
- sea salt – 2 g;
- granulated sugar – 45 g;
- flour – 420 g;
- sunflower oil – 25 ml;
- egg – 3 pcs.;
- biokefir – 530 ml;
- soda – 4 g.
How to cook:
- To prepare, you will need warm biokefir. To do this, warm it up slightly. If it boils, the product will curdle.
- Add baking soda and stir. Set aside for 4 minutes. Pour in the eggs. Sweeten and sprinkle with salt. Beat with a mixer. Pour in oil and stir.
- To saturate with oxygen, sift the flour directly into the liquid mass. Beat. There should be no lumps left.
- Grease the surface of the frying pan with oil. Pour some dough. Spread evenly and bake until golden brown with the lid closed.
Custard thin pancakes on yogurt and boiling water with holes
This cooking option adds a fruity taste and aroma to the dish, which depends on what kind of yogurt you buy. It needs to be without adding pieces of berries, but if you don’t find one, then strain it through a sieve.
- 250 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 500 ml drinking yoghurt (without fruits and berries)
- 80 g sugar
- 0.5 tsp soda
- 200 ml boiling water
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 70 ml vegetable oil.
1. Whisk eggs, sugar, salt and drinking yogurt in a bowl. If there are pieces of fruit in it, you can strain it.
2. Sift the flour and add it to the mixture. Stir thoroughly with a whisk so that there are no lumps.
3. Pour boiling water into a glass and pour soda into it. Stir - it should go out (hiss).
4. While quickly stirring the mixture with a whisk, pour in water. The dough should be homogeneous and liquid. If it is still a bit thick, add more hot water. It should pour easily.
5. Pour a little vegetable oil into the prepared mass and stir.
6. Grease a hot frying pan with oil. Pour a small portion of the dough and spread it around the entire circumference. It is necessary to fry over high heat.
7. As soon as you see that the entire surface is full of holes and the edges are browned, turn it over to the other side, prying the pancake up along the edge. After another 30 seconds, you can remove from the heat onto a plate.